Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello Dolly!


My daughter, Ada, is going to be turning 1 at the end of the month. Since it was because of her that I really got into knitting, I wanted to make her something special. Initially I thought of making her a dress but then I thought of how quickly she grew out of her ear flap hat and the dress seemed like it wouldn't be worth the work until she can wear a size for more than 2 months. So I decided it would be best to make her some sort of stuffed animal that she'd be able to love forever and forever. I really wanted to make a doll so I started the search for the perfect doll. It was only after about an hour of digging through Google images when I saw her. She really was the most amazing hand made doll I've ever seen and I instantly knew I was going to make her. I pulled up the pattern and realized that she was a crocheted amigurumi doll. Crap. I don't know how to crochet. The only thing I ever crocheted was a flower and I had to restart the video a million times. I went back and forth. Should I take it on? Can I get it done before her birthday? I decided to do it and I am so glad I did. While it was definitely a lot of work, the actual crochet part was not very difficult. I finished it in plenty of time and she absolutely loves it. It is a great pattern and I will make more dolls based on this pattern. The pattern is available here for free from Stitch.




No comments:

Post a Comment