Monday, March 5, 2012

Knit Big

I'm so inspired right now! I've stumbled upon some images of people using giant knitting needles to create really amazing chunky projects and I've just got to get into it. Over the weekend I went and bought a pair of size 50 knitting needles. The problem is that there are few yarns available for that size needle. After doing some research, I found that many people use multiple skeins at the same time to create a thicker yarn like in this 2 hour throw pillow tutorial. Lot's people will be getting these for gifts this year!



The chunky knit just looks so cozy!

Source: google.com via Marcie on Pinterest








Source: craftyshannon.tumblr.com via Marcie on Pinterest

My neighbor does wood working and is willing to make me some large needles. I'm thinking 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. I have no idea what size that would even be! I'm looking forward to these adventures in knitting big. I am currently working on a floor pillow that I'm knitting with size 19 needles so I'm working my way up to it. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment